How do I completely remove and reinstall PTPublisher?
Please use these instructions to completely remove the program.
1. Windows Vista/7/8/10 Go to Start - Control Panel - Uninstall a program. Find PTPublisher. Click Uninstall.
Windows XP - Go to Start - Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs. Find PTPublisher and click Remove.
2. Windows Vista/7/8/10 - Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ Primera Technology. Delete the "PTPublisher" folder.
Windows XP - Go to C:\Program Files\Primera Technology. Delete the "PTPublisher" folder.
3. Windows Vista/7/8/10 - Go to C:\Program Data\PTI. Delete the "PTPublisher" folder. (The "Program Data" folder may be a hidden folder. Go to organize – folder and search options – view tab – select show hidden files, folders and drives.)
Windows XP - Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PTI. Delete the "PTPublisher" folder. (The "Application Data" folder may be a hidden folder.)
Do not delete the "Drivers" folder from PTI.
Note: The "PTPublisher" folder contains your log file and personal settings such as default print quality, burn speeds, and default file locations. If you delete this folder, all settings will be returned to their factory defaults and the log file will be cleared. Rename this folder to "PTPublisherOLD" if you think you may want to retain this information.
4. Remove Burn Engine.
32Bit Windows (Windows XP/Vista/7) - Delete the following files from the "C:\WINDOWS\system32" folder if present:
Pxhelp20.sys from the following location C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS.
Also delete the PX Storage Engine folder located at C:\Program Files\Common Files.
64Bit Windows(Window 7/8/10) - Delete the following files from "C:\windows\sysWow64" if present:
and one file from here C:\windows\system32\drivers
Also delete the PX Storage engine folder located at C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files.
5. Reinstall the latest software from the installation disc or from the files downloaded from our download site.
6. Reboot the PC. (Do NOT reboot until you have reinstalled PTPublisher)
The latest PTPublisher Software Version is here.