Print Head Failed message can be a temporary condition. Follow these instructions:
- Remove the Print Head.
- Power off the printer.
- Wait 1 minute (This is necessary for all internal capacitors to discharge).
- Clean the copper contacts on the printer and the print head with isopropyl alcohol.
- Turn on the printer without the print head installed.
- Wait for the printer to start up - approximately 1 minute.
- Reinsert the print head.
- Close and Open the front cover several times and watch the status monitor between each closing and opening.
If the problem persists, it could be a worn out print head or a problem with the printer.
A new print head can be purchased on our webstore. Part Number: 053467