The Printer portion of the Bravo, Bravo II, BravoPro or Signature/Composer combination is not printing. It burns the disc and then stops when the disc is placed in the printer tray. (This article applies to PC users only.)
There are several things to check:
1. Paused Printer. Make sure the printer is not paused. Go to Control Panel - Printers. Below the CD printer driver it should say paused or ready. If it does not show this information, right click on the printer driver, one of the items on the list will be Pause or Resume printing. If it says Resume printing, your printer is paused, click Resume Printing.
2. Local Admin Rights. You must have local administrative rights to the PC running the duplicator. You may be able to print only from SureThing with less than Admin Rights but you will not be able to print and burn from Primo DVD. See this article for more information.
3. Print File. The SureThing file that you have associated with your job could be formatted incorrectly in some way. Check for the following problems:
4. Driver Installation. Make sure the print driver is installed. Go to Control Panel - Printers. You should see a printer named Disc Publisher (II or Pro), CD Color Printer, or CD/DVD Printer 6. If you do not see the driver installed, install it. If it is installed try updating or reinstalling the driver. You could have a communication problem with the printer. The latest drivers and instructions for installing them can be found at the following site: http://www.primera.com/primera_printer_drivers.html
5. Driver Name. The printer driver name installs with a specific name that should not be changed. When Primo looks for the printer driver to associate with the job it looks for the default name that was originally installed. It will find some variations, but if you change the name too much it will not find the printer. For example, if you changed the "Disc Publisher II" driver name to "Print Office Bravo" Primo would not find the driver.
6. Default Printer. In some rare cases, the Bravo will not print unless it is set as the default printer in Windows. Go to Start - Printers and Faxes - Right click on the Disc Publisher - Choose Set as Default Printer.
7. Ink Cartridge. Check to make sure that there are no flashing lights on Bravo's control panel. If there is a flashing power light, see this article.
8. Test Prints. Try these test prints to help diagnose the problem.