After I plug in my printer, I receive ‘Unspecified Device’ in Devices and Printers. Unable to install the printer on Windows 7.
1. Download the latest print driver from the link below and double click on the executable to extract the files to the root of the C:\ drive.
2. Try to install the print driver using the instructions in this article.
3. If that doesn’t work, right click on the ‘Unspecified Device’ and choose ‘Properties’.
4. Click on the ‘Hardware’ tab.
5. Select the Primera printer (i.e. Disc Publisher SE for Bravo SE, Disc Publisher 4100 for Bravo 4100 series, etc).
6. Click ‘Properties’ again.
7. Click ‘Update Driver’ and browse to the location of the driver files.
If you are still running into issues, right click on the ‘Unspecified Device’ and choose 'Troubleshoot’.
Depending on the problems that Windows finds, it will offer solutions to the problem. Do not allow Windows to search online automatically for updates. Windows may offer to reinstall the driver, rename the printer, set the printer as the default, or allow the user to browse to the driver contents and select the appropriate .inf file, which will be located under C:\ drive. (DPSEDriver for Bravo SE, DP4100Driver for Bravo 4100 series, etc). Trying these options should resolve the issue and the printer will be listed as ‘Disc Publisher’ within the list of installed devices.