PTBurn Client takes a long time to find my server. Can I specify the server name manually?
Yes, on some larger networks, it may be more efficient to specify the server manually. Below are the steps to do it:
1. After the installation has completed, start the client software. The searching for server message will appear. Cancel it. (This step forces PTburn to create the ini file that you need to edit.)
2. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\PTBurn
3. Open the PtBurnclient.ini file in a text editor such as Notepad.
4. Add the following lines at the bottom of the list where COMPUTERNAME is the name of the server computer on the network.
5. Save this file and open the Client software.
6. Verify the correct server is selected at the top of the screen. Click "Get Status" to verify the connection.
Note: If you receive a message that "your server is offline" after you manually specify the location, it is possible that the client is not finding the server. Double check the location or see this article for more information.